This past Saturday I attended the Catholic New Media Conference in Kansas City. I had a great time meeting some fellow Catholic new media enthusiasts, including lots of people I follow on Twitter and Google+. These were some of the highlights:
- I started the day with an unexpected Holy Hour, thanks to the fact that I wrote down the wrong start time for Mass. (Doh!)
- “What counts isn’t the numbers, but the presence of the Holy Spirit.” – St. Anne Flanagan, FSP
- ” We need to do a better job of recruiting talent and leaders for Catholic New Media.” – Matt Warner
- I got my copy of The Church and New Media signed by Brandon Vogt!
- “Why do Catholics have to pay someone to set them on fire?” – Devin Jones
- “A good book either offers a gift or solves a problem.” – Pat Gohn
- Enjoyed a great keynote by Sean Patrick Lovett, the Director of Vatican Radio.
- Got Lisa Hendey to sign a copy of Handbook for Catholic Moms for my wife.
- “You’re a diocesan beereaucrat!” – Pat Gohn (This will now be added to my fictional business cards (along with Professional Catholic and Theology Geek).
- Enjoyed great dinner conversation with Fr. Roderick VonhÃ¶gen, Marc Cardaronella, Helen Lee, and Pat Gohn.
I really enjoyed my first CNMC, and while I doubt I’ll be able to go every year, I certainly hope to get back again in the future!
Photo by Scott Maentz/FlickrCC