With Father’s Day right around the corner I thought I’d take a break from my blogging seclusion to share this awesome pasta dish I cooked up last week. I’m not a big fan of tomato sauces, so I’m always looking for alternative ways to spice up my pasta and this simple, hearty, manly main course will be sure to please the dad in your life!
- ½ pound penne pasta, cooked
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch bites
- 2 tbls reserved bacon grease
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 2 tbls parsley flakes
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion in reserved bacon grease until slightly carmelized. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Mix onion, garlic, bacon, avocado, and parsley with warm penne; salt and pepper to taste.
Makes approximately 4 servings; easily doubled if you have a larger family (like ours!). Pairs great with a Caesar salad!