Thank you to everyone who participated in my webinar “Using the Parish Web Site to Power Adult Faith Formation” sponsored by the Adult Faith Formation Committee of the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership! Here are the notes and links I mentioned during the presentation as well as the PowerPoint slides; I’ll have the video up as soon as it’s available.
- Branding Faith: Why Some Churches and Nonprofits Impact Culture and Others Don’t, by Phil Cooke (Regal, 2008); you can also read my review of this book.
- The Church and New Media: Blogging Converts, Online Activists, and Bishops Who Tweet, edited by Brandon Vogt (OSV, 2011); check out the chapter by Matt Warner, “High Tech Community: New Media in the Parish.
- Technology Tools for Your Ministry: No Mousing Around! by Tim Welch (Twenty-Third Publications, 2008); technology books don’t always age well, but there is still some sound advice and tips in this book.
- St. Clement (Chicago, IL)
- Holy Name of Jesus (Wayzata, MN)
- St. Paul the Apostle (Westerville, OH)
- Diocese of Springfield in Illinois Facebook Page
- Adult Faith Formation Professionals Group on LinkedIn
- Catholic Tech Talk
- Internet Toolbox for Churches
- Pilot New Media
- “9½ Social Media Strategies for the Church” by Jonathan F. Sullivan
- “Creating Excellent Parish Websites” by Pilot New Media (includes links to lots of additional resources)
- “Social Networking – A Primer for Catholic Teachers and Catechists” by Jonathan F. Sullivan