I had an interview all lined up for this month, but then my interviewee wound up sick (hope you’re feeling better, Lisa!). Instead I’ve got a round-table discussion on Pope Benedict XVI’s announcement of a Year of Faith to commence in October. This Year of Faith has been called to commemorate both the 50th anniversary of the start of the Second Vatican Council and the 20th anniversary of the publication of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The round-table was hosted as an open invitation Google+ Hangout. I was very happy to be joined by
- Joyce Donahue, catechetical associate with the Diocese of Joliet
- Lisa Hendey, blogger and host of CatholicMom.com
- Russell Peterson, associate director of religious education with the Diocese of Belleville
- Wendy Scherbart, director of catechetical ministry at the Diocese of San jose
- Matt Smith, Faith Formation Director at Sacred Heart Catholic Church (Princeton, West Virginia)
We discussed both the pope’s apostolic letter, Porta Fidei, which announced the Year of Faith; and the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith’s Note with pastoral recommendations for the Year of Faith.
The podcast was recorded with my handheld audio recorder set up in front of my computer speakers, so there may be some background noise.