Latkes are a Lenten staple in our house. While we often make the traditional potato variety, this zucchini-based variation is also a hit with the kids.
Ingredients: Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber, patted dry
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbls extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbls dill, chipped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper, as needed
Methodology: Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a glass or metal bowl and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp ground tarragon
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbles
- Olive oil
Methodology: Zucchini Latkes
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. When shimmering, drop spoonfuls of zucchini mixtures into oil. Fry to 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Keep latkes warm in a 175° F degree oven. Serve with tzatziki sauce.