Today at the NCCL 2011 conference I participated in a learning session on using social media to promote parish programs. My portion of the session focused on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and how they are similar and different.
For those that participated in the learning session, here is a list of resources (some of which I mentioned in the presentation) with more information on how these services can be used to enhance your ministry:
- Reaching Parishioners with Facebook – The video from my webinar on how to set up a parish Facebook page
- What is a Facebook Page and Should Your Ministry Have One?
- The 8 Success Criteria For Facebook Page Marketing
- Go, Tweet It On The Mountain: Understanding How To Use Twitter
- How I Use Twitter – A brief video explaining how I personally use Twitter
General Social Media Tips
- Social Media: Friend or Foe, Google or Hornswoggle?, Bishop Ron Herzog, USCCB Communication Committee
- USCCB Social Media Guidelines
- 9 1/2 Social Media Strategies for the Church – The video from my webinar on how to use social media for your ministry
- Anatomy of a Blog: Creating a Great Parish Blog
- Social Media Strategy: Allow for Control