This afternoon I gave a short presentation to the board of the National Conference for Catechetical Leadership on Web 2.0. As promised to them, here are some links to additional resources and readings on the topics we discussed.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto by Rick Levine, et al
- Free: The Future of a Radical Price by Chris Anderson (also available as a free, unabridged audio book)
- Branding Faith: Why Some Churches and Nonprofits Impact Culture and Others Don’t by Phil Cooke
- Web Squared: Web 2.0 Five Years On by Tim O’Reilly and John Battelle
- 3 Easy Things Anyone Can Do to Evangelize Online by Matt Warner
- Jonathan Coulton on why he gives away his music
- Denominationalism: Is There a Future? by Dr. Ed Setzer (audio recording)
Web 2.0 Concepts
- Gratis versus Libre “ Wikipedia article on “Free as in Beer” vs “Free as in Speech”
- 1,000 True Fans “ Kevin Kelly’s outline of the concept
- Creative Commons
- www.wordle.net “ word cloud generator
- The Long Tail – the original article by Chris Anderson
- Social Networking: A Primer for Catholic Teachers and Catechists (video recording)
If you were part of the conversation, please leave a comment with your thoughts and reactions!
I mentioned a free co-op e-book during the Q&A. It’s titled What Matters Now and offers 70 big ideas from 70 big thinkers.